Male Hydrotherapist / Massage Therapist
The NEWSTART Hydro/Massage Therapist provides consistent professional hydrotherapy and massage treatments to NEWSTART Guests. This person works closely with the nurses and is directly responsible to the Hydrotherapy Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides therapeutic hydrotherapy and massage as directed by Weimar Clinic physicians.
- Assesses vitals before and after treatments per protocol.
- Documents all care provided per protocol. Records required measurements (eg: waist and arm circumference) per protocol.
- Prepares work station in advance, being punctual at each appointment and performs services within the appropriate time allotted.
- Appropriately disinfects between Guests per protocol and restocks work station as required.
- Assists with stress testing set-up and/or running of treadmills.
- Effectively educates guests about lifestyle change.
- Identifies guests at increased risk for complications and/or adverse reactions; taking appropriate action, functioning effectively in emergency situations.
- Observes and reports needed repairs to Hydrotherapy Manager.
- Abides by dress code; Assumes responsibility for professional personal appearance.
- Takes responsibility for professional growth and development; identifying goals for professional development; demonstrating progress on previously set goals.
- Attends meetings and inservices; reading required information communicated through various sources.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Precepts students and new staff.
- Participates in Patient Update meetings.
- Manages time between assigned responsibilities in an effective manner, eg: keeps work area tidy, assists other staff, maintains a safe and orderly environment, takes initiative in completing other tasks assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Specifications
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner that speaks well of Christ.
- Full time position.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Punctual, reliable and takes initiative.
- Maintains Guest confidentiality.
Education and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Has training and experience in or is enrolled in classes at Weimar in hydrotherapy and massage.
- Minimum of one year experience as a hydrotherapist or in a similar capacity.
- Maintains BLS certification.
Date Posted: December 5, 2012