Job Title: Grounds Supervisor
Department: Plant Services
Supervisor’s Job Title: Plant Services Supervisor
Job Description: Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all ornamental landscaping on campus, including lawns, shrubs, trees, irrigation systems, and recreational trail system. Responsible for supervising student work crews.
List of Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain shrubs, trees, lawns, and other ornamental plants.
- Engage in plant propagation.
- Supervise and impart excellent work ethic to student workers.
- Teach basic landscaping skills to student workers.
- Design and propose landscape beautification projects.
- Maintain recreational trail system.
- Maintain irrigation systems.
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge of appropriate species for our climate zone.
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge of appropriate fertilizing, mulching, and irrigation techniques suitable to our campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Training and Experience:
- Extensive gardening experience required.
- Experience supervising employees and/or student workers required.
- Certifications, such as Master Gardner or other landscape maintenance and/or design certificates preferred.
Hours Required: 40hrs/week
Date Posted: August 21, 2014